“It’s not about a dance…
It’s about who you are,
And who you’re going to be.”
Disney “Prom” (In Theatres 4/29/11)
“Dreams Can Come True”
Tell us who you are and who you’re going to be. Abby’s Closet invites you to apply for this award if you are a female high school student, graduating in 2013, and planning on attending the “9th Annual Abby’s Closet Prom Gown Giveaway” (March 16-17, 2013). See below for a link to the application. The winner of this award will embody the spirit and mission of Abby’s Closet. She will be a well-deserving young woman who has worked hard academically and personally to set and achieve her dreams.
Would you like to nominate someone for this award? If so, please send an email to email@example.com telling us about the person you would like to nominate, along with her email address and phone number and your relationship to the nominee. We will then contact the student and let her know that she has been nominated and ask her to fill out the application.
The winner will be allowed to choose the first prom gown of the year from Abby’s Closet (the largest prom gown closet in Oregon). In addition, she will receive a $1,000 scholarship, donated by T.J. Maxx, to be used for higher education (a check will be written to the selected college/university/trade school after she registers).
1. Applicant must be a female high school student, in Grade 12, who is graduating in 2013.
2. Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better, and is intending to pursue post-secondary education (college, university, trade school, etc.)
3. Applicant is planning on attending the Abby’s Closet Prom Gown Giveaway to get a free gown to wear to prom.
4. Application, along with an unofficial transcript, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Abby’s Closet, PO Box 402, West Linn, OR 97068 by FEBRUARY 18, 2013.
5. Winner must be available to select a gown on Friday, March 15, at the Oregon Convention Center and on Sat. March 16, at 7:30 am for the opening of the Prom Gown Giveaway.
6. Winner agrees to be interviewed, photographed and/or videotaped by Abby’s Closet, as well as any other media outlet(s). If the winner is under 18 years old, a parent or guardian must be willing to grant permission
7. Abby’s Closet Student Advisory Board and relatives of Board of Directors and Emeritus Board members are not eligible to enter this contest.